The MENA Biotechnology & Biosimilars Forum was held in Dubai on December 9th 2013, in association with the Financial Times and Gulf Pharmaceutical Industries (Julphar).
Leading figures from the Biotechnology sector were in attendance, including Genpharm and its management team. Panelists and senior industry insiders such as Prof. Saleh Bawazir, VP of Drug Affairs at the Saudi FDA; James Greenwood, President and CEO of BIO USA; Mazen Darwazah, Executive Group VP and CEO of Hikma Pharmaceuticals; Leonard Lerer, SVP and Co-Founder of Innovative Finance Foundation.
Topics covered focused on several aspects including:
- Recent trends in the sector,
- R&D in Biosimilars developments
- Clinical Trials
- Legislation & Regulatory frameworks in Europe, USA and the Emerging Markets
- Pricing considerations
- Business Development and Licensing
- Capital Markets & Financing models
We thank Dr. Ayman Sahli and Julphar for hosting and organizing the very constructive and insightful event.