Genpharm Delivers Keynote Speech at Eye for Pharma EM Summit
Berlin (Germany), November 13, 2012,
Genpharm Services’ CEO, Mr. Karim Smaira, delivered the Middle East and North Africa keynote speech to Pharma executives, attending the Eye for Pharma Emerging Markets Summit, held in Berlin.
More than fifty pharmaceutical executives attended the event to discuss and share insights on the most recent trends, opportunities and challenges in the emerging markets pharmaceutical field.
Karim Smaira, CEO Genpharm, addressing the attendees at the EM Eye for Pharma Convention
Karim Smaira addressed these issues with a focused perspective on the MENA region, covering various critical points for companies operating in the region, such as:
- Recent trends and developments on the healthcare and pharmaceutical fields and their impact.
- Evolution of the MENA environment due to the recent political events and their impact on the pharmaceutical business.
- Cultural aspects in doing business in the region.
- Market access strategies for companies operating or aiming to increase their presence in the region, such as
- Key criteria for local partner selection
- Regulatory and pricing environments
- Consideration for joint ventures
- Local manufacturing opportunities
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Different outsourcing models for sales and distribution
The event was highlighted by several roundtable discussions covering Latin America, Asia, Russia and the MENA regions, allowing opportunities for knowledge sharing and networking.