The MENA region is very diverse, but one thing the countries in this region have in common is that their economies show sustainable emerging markets-type growth.
This growth and contributing socio-economic factors have had a significant impact on the healthcare sector, with governments “investing in healthcare infrastructures, in access to medicine and reimbursement schemes. Moreover, there is a clear trend towards privatizing medical insurance.”
The whitepaper looks at several key topics, including:
- MENA Socio-Economic characteristics
- Healthcare Spending and Investment
- Pharma Market Trends
- Pharma Brands and Generics
- Genetic Diseases in the Middle East
- Intellectual Property Protection Legislation
- Pharmaceutical Regulatory and Pricing
- Orphan Drug Business Models and Market Access
With an estimated 2.8 million patients suffering from a rare disease in the Middle East region, this truly is an interesting and unique frontier in the rare disease and orphan drug space.