Dubai, January 8th 2015
Genpharm Announces New Executive Board
Following the successful completion of a first financial round and the series A capital raising, Genpharm announces the formation of its new Executive Board.
The new Board will oversee the long-term strategy of the organization and the implementation of the expansion plans.
In addition to the founders, Mr. Karim Smaira and Mr. Kamel Ghammachi, we are pleased to announce the three esteemed members of the Executive Board.
We are excited to put at the disposal of our partners, their wide expertise in senior management, financial services and medical sciences respectively.
Mr. Elmar Schnee
- Non-executive Director of Jazz Pharmaceutical
- Former Chairman and CEO Cardiorentis Ltd.
- Former MD Merck Santé s.a.s, Regular Member of the Executive Board and General Partner of Merck KGaA
- Held senior positions in Strategy & BD at UCB, Sanofi & others
- Currently serves on the board of directors of two privately-held life sciences companies.
Mr. Rick Pudner
- Chairman of Beehive
- Former CEO of Emirates NBD; the largest regional bank by Assets
- Board director of Bukhatir Group
- Former Board Director Emirates Islamic Bank
- Former Head of Corporate Banking HSBC Middle East; President and CEO of HSBC Korea
- Director in Emirates Fund Managers (Jersey) Limited, and a founder member of Visa CEMEA Advisory Forum
Dr. Samy Ashkar
- CEO Sterling Natural Science
- Former CSO Sopherion Therapeutics
- Former Faculty member Harvard Medical School and The Children’s Hospital-Boston.
- Author of several scientific publications in prestigious journals including Science and JBC
- Holder of multiple international patents as a result of his scientific research work
We take this opportunity to thank our distinguished previous board members for their insights and support in the initial start-up phase of Genpharm.